Friday, July 18, 2014

Improvisation: the new operating system

It struck me late last night that Improvisation has become my new operating system.  Just like learning a new technology, some of it is intuitive, playful and pulls me into a flow state.  Sometimes I can only react to a situation with confusion, frustration, anxiousness.  Sometimes I can initiate an idea which gets picked up by others, or which will extend on its own for a while.

I am not just talking about music anymore....improvisation is becoming more and more a way of seeing things, solving problems, finding hope, keeping on going.  It is a metaphor for moving forward,  for me to find meaning.

Huh......cool!
(picture from a project last year, made by Melissa.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home